Friday, July 20, 2012
Maple Candied Bacon
After having made this, I feel compelled to share this with all of you! Maple Candied Bacon has become a new obsession of mine and I become the happiest man on Earth when bacon falls on sale. This is an even better trick for you if you have difficult salad eaters at home.
Let's start with the bacon. This is a simple trick which will create a flavor explosion.
1. Slice your bacon slices in 1/4 inch strips and place in a medium heated frying pan.
2. After 3-4 minutes, when the bacon is almost cooked through, Add a drizzled of Maple Syrup in the pan. If the heat is too high, turn it down a pinch to let the bacon simmer away and take on more color. At the same time it will start caramelizing with the Maple Syrup.
3. When it's nice and crispy, carefully remove the bacon pieces from the pan and place on a plate to cool down, making sure that the pieces are divided. Because they have been caramelized they will stick to each other if not separated before they cool.
Here's an amazing SALAD flavor combination;
- Baby Arugula, (sold in bags, prewashed and all for your convenience)
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Maple Candied Bacon
- Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil dressing
I hope you get to try this out soon and fall in love with this as much as I did!
Eat well and till next time!