Monday, May 7, 2012
Sometimes weeknight dinners make us think outside the box. This time, thinking outside the box, resulted in the sausage coming out of it's casing. In doing so, you will save valuable time and get dinner on the table faster.
Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce
- 6 Italian Sausage, meat taken out of casings
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 - 796ml can Diced tomatoes
- 1 - 126ml can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chopped Oregano, fresh or dried
(Choose your favorite pasta and prepare as directed.)
1. Taking the sausage meat out of its' casings, fry in a medium-high heat, large pan. When the sausage meat has almost frinished cooking, add in the onion and the celery. Cook until the onion have become translucent.
2. At this stage pour the diced tomatos and tomato paste in the pan and stir to combine everything. Add the oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
Letting this simmer will only make it better but it can be served immidiately if in a hurry, over your favorite pasta. This versatile recipe can be used for lasagna stuffing, served with spaghetti, with cheese, fresh herbs, or anything other way you can think of. Try it for dinner tonight!
Eat well and till next time!