Quick and easy dinner ideas are always my favorite! And this Mexican themed dinner is no exception! Fresh flavors and sweet aromas of chili take over this delicious dish. In 3 easy steps you'll have dinner on the table, packed with flavors!
What you'll need;
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4 chicken breats, cut in strips
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 bell pepper (red) cut in slices
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- Your favorite type of cheese
- Fresh avocados (2) , sliced
- Cilantro, 1 bunch, rinced and dried
1. First you will want to fry your chicken strips in a large pan with a little olive oil. When your chicken is cooked through, add the chili powder and ketchup and stir to combine.
2. In another frying pan on medium-high heat, throw in your peppers and onions with a little olive oil. Do not stir often if you want to have some good grill marks on the peppers.
3. With the avocados ready and your cheese sliced, you are ready to assemble your soft tacos. I proceed by placing the cheese on the tortilla first, followed by the chicken mixture, the peppers and onions, the avocados and then the cilantro.
Packed with healthy flavors, this is definitely a crowd favorite! The contrast between the heat of the chili powder and the sweetness of the ketchup is very surprising and fills your mouth with flavors! If you want serve with fresh salsa and nachos and who knows, maybe even a good cerveza! Try this recipe soon for an easy dinner idea! Hope you enjoy!
Eat well and till next time!