Sunday, February 5, 2012
Carrot and Orange Soup
Since we were kids, we've been exposed to games involving color association. So when it comes to putting things together that are of the same color, it comes to us naturally to do it in our cooking. This would be a great example of an easy, fresh and healthy recipe, in which we feature the color orange. This soup is full of flavor and vitamins to get you through the dead of winter in great shape!
Here's what you'll need;
- 6 carrots, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 900 ml beef broth (could be substituted with vegetable broth)
- 250ml (1cup) orange juice
1. In a large pot, heat up a tbsp of olive oil and throw in the carrots and onions. Cook until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are cooked through.
3. When the carrots have cooked, bring the soup off the heat and let cool down. When soup has cooled, put in your blender and puree. As you are doing so, add the orange juice.
4. Return to the pot and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot with a wedge or orange to squeeze in some extra taste if desired.
How easy is that? Fast and easy, you won't get better then this! I've already made this soup twice in 2 weeks and it is always a favorite! Chances are that you have a big bag of carrots in the bottom of your vegetable drawer, so what are you waiting for?! Hope you enjoy!
Eat well and till next time,