Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Twist on Veal Parmesan


Cheap, quick, easy, but most of all delicious. What you need for this dish?
- Veal cutlets ( got 4 cutlets for 3.50$ CND)
- Can of tomato soup base ( 0,99$ CND)
-Mushrooms, leaks and a bag of instant microwaveable rice (which I received free when purchased a bag of frozen vegetables) and your favorite cheese.


To make the cutlets, I floured the meat, dipped them in an egg wash and the coated them with a combination of flour, oatmeal and spices. I then fried the cutlets a little bit of vegetable oil on medium heat. The medium heat is to make sure that is cooks thoroughly and gets a nice golden and crisp crust on the outside. When my cutlets were cooked, I placed them on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, and spread some of the tomato soup base on top. Then you may sprinkle your favorite cheese on top of the sauce, I added some blue cheese since I had some that I had to use. Then place under your oven broiler, just until the cheese has melted.


For the rice, very easy. Melt some butter in a pan on medium heat and fry up some thinly sliced leaks and mushrooms. Place the bag of rice in the microwave and follow the instructions. When the rice is done, simply add to the vegetable mix. You'll have a very quick, easy and tasty side dish for your veal cutlets.

Eat well, sleep well and till next time!

Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment